Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Color Tests


Thesis Color Test 01 from Shreyasi Das on Vimeo.


Did a coloring test (which I'll most probably keep or build upon) for one of the 2D/memory shots. Colored in TV Paint and composited with some effects in AfterEffects.

(Possible Alternative?):

Thesis Color Test 01 (ALT) from Shreyasi Das on Vimeo.



And here's a still color test. The idol is the most important element in the 2D shots so I need to invest time on her details, but at the same time, I have to be prudent of how much time I have in my hands. I want to focus on my 3D lighting too.

Alternative:



And here's a slightly different take. I got this when I accidentally turned off the fill layer. I kind of like this one and think I could push it further with more experimentation. It would save me some time in doing fill color as well.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting tests..

    In your first set, I like the first one better. Just because, there is some movement in the background. The BG comes to life. This reminds me of a conversation I had with stephanie. She is currently working on a film with some astroPhysists (I blame MEL for this typo) and she has a challenge of making the background animate with a set of pictures that she has. And she told me the way she came up with was this:
    Pick up one gamma value and start marking that in all the pictures. Now, start superimposing these images with just a little offset and take photographs. So, when you now animate this, it look like the gamma value is being animated. She said, she got some pretty interesting stuff with this technique.
    This might not apply to your film, but thought to let you know anyway.

    and in the second tests of durgaMa, I like the last one too. It creates an interesting effect. Kind of a minimalist design. I remember seeing some crowd in this scene too. I would like to see more. How does this technique look with the crowd added in? will making the crowd and durga render in different styles help draw the eye to one of them better?

    ReplyDelete